Conveniently located to serve Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and surrounding areas
Botox® and Dysport® treat facial wrinkles caused by movement in the brow, forehead, lip, and eye areas. Botox® and Dysport® block nerve receptors temporarily to prevent muscle movement. The action of onset of these materials varies in individuals as does the length of benefit time which may last from 3 to 5 months. Our advanced experience with Botox® provides consistent, predictable, and highly valued patient benefits. Dysport® is the newest Neurotoxin in the United States to be approved for use by the FDA and has been used globally since the early 1990’s with consistent, predictable, and durable results. In some countries, Dysport outranks Botox in the frequency of use, with very high patient satisfaction data.
Am I a Good Candidate for Botox®/Dysport®/Jeuveau®?
Do you look in the mirror and wonder what happened to your once-youthful face? Has someone mistaken you for being older than you are? Do people tell you that look “mad” a lot of the time? Or perhaps you are just starting to see the first signs of “crow’s feet” appear. If you are concerned with improving the way you look and want to become the best version of yourself today, Neuromodulators are a great choice to revitalize and refresh your look. They also work to prevent the lines from forming and causing wrinkles in the future.
So, in all likelihood, if you have dynamic lines, or want to prevent them from forming you are a good candidate for neuromodulators. The treatments are safe, effective, and affordable. The good news is that in the unlikely event that you don’t like your results, the medication eventually wears off and your appearance returns to baseline.
Our aesthetic nurse specialists at DiVersions Wellness & Med Spa can help you to determine which areas to treat to help you achieve your desired outcome.
How Do Neuromodulators Work? (Botox®/Dysport®/Jeuveau®)
Botox®, Dysport®, and Jeuveau® are prescription medications that contain a substance known as botulinum toxin type A. These substances are neuromodulators capable of causing temporary local relaxation of the muscle into which it is injected. Once injected, the muscles become relaxed, which results in the reduction or disappearance of these wrinkles, leading to a much smoother appearance of the skin. They reduce the appearance of dynamic lines by temporarily affecting the muscles that are causing the lines to form.
How does this help with frown lines, crows’ feet, and forehead lines? First, it is important to understand the difference between dynamic and static lines.
Dynamic lines are indentations that form on the face when the muscles are contracting (such as when you are making a worried or surprised expression). In contrast, static lines are usually more severe and are permanently etched on the face even when your muscles are at rest. It is the dynamic lines that Botox®, Dysport®, and Jeuveau® can improve or erase. If these products are used early enough, they may also help prevent static lines.
Your Neuromodulators treatment will be performed by the DiVersions Wellness & Med Spa team located in Albuquerque, NM.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
Botox®, Dysport®, and Jeuveau® are widely accepted to treat the following aging issues:
- Vertical frown lines (“The Elevens”)
- Crow’s feet
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Bunny lines (sides of nose)
- Gummy smile
- Lip lines (smoker lines now called water bottle lines)
- Chin dimpling
- Vertical neck bands (Platysma bands)
- Horizontal neck lines (“Tech-Neck”)
The Benefits of Neuromodulators (NM)
- Skin will look smoother and younger — Neuromodulators relax the movement of facial muscles restoring smoother looking skin.
- It’s a great way to smooth those stubborn frown lines — NM works best on dynamic lines that appear when you frown or smile.
- Treatments can be done on your lunch hour — If you are short on time, NM treatments can be done quickly, getting you in and out within the hour.
- There is no anesthetic — With the use of small needles, you will only feel a small prick around the treatment area. Minimal to zero discomfort.
- Visible results after a few days — You can possibly expect to see the results of your treatment one day to three days after the injections.
- There is no recovery time needed — NM is a non-surgical treatment by injection. There is no downtime and you can plan on fitting in a treatment during your regular daily activities.
- It’s cost effective — Cosmetic treatments can be a strain on anyone’s budget; however, the price of NM could work out to be less expensive than you might think. About the cost of a Starbucks a day!
How long does it last?
Neuromodulators remain effective for 2-4 months on average, however, they become more effective and can last longer when the treatment is done routinely as maintenance. Some clients can get up to 6-9 months after they have been treated for a while and the muscles have nicely atrophied. That is why it is more effective to have routine treatments.
Potential Side Effects
Side effects are uncommon, and when they do occur, they are generally minimal and mild. Potential side effects include temporary drooping of the eyelid, some minor discomfort in the injection site, inflammation, and tenderness. Sometimes there can be minor discoloration like bruising that should go away on its own.
After Treatment Guidelines
For the best results with Neuromodulators, we ask you to avoid heating yourself up so avoid vigorous activity or exercise such as hot yoga and the gym 24 hours after treatment. Do not touch, rub or manipulate treated area for 4 hours after the injection. During this time, you should remain in an upright position (no laying down). You should actively contract the treated muscles to increase the efficacy for 24 hours following the treatment. Avoid facial or chemical peel for 7 to 14 days. Apply sunscreen and avoid direct sun.
- Stay upright for 4 Hours
- Move your muscles in the areas of injection for several days
- No exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid NSAIDS for 24 hours
- Wash up and away from injection sites for 48 hours
Neuromodulators’ cost varies greatly depending on a variety of criteria. Price is dependent on factors like the number of injections required and the number of wrinkles being treated. Please contact our office for more information.
Schedule a Consultation
The DiVersions Wellness & Med Spa team are highly skilled and experienced facial aesthetic experts who specialize in neuromodulator injections. Recognized as one of the best aestheticians in Albuquerque, the DiVersions Wellness & Med Spa is dedicated to providing the best results Albuquerque has to offer. Contact DiVersions Wellness & Med Spa today to schedule a consultation for your neuromodulators treatment.
“It seems like everyone has a story about getting Botox or Filler. Some stories are really awful and some are really funny. I don’t have any stories like that about my treatments with Diane. She always works with great Doctors. She always does great work. I trust her. I will always go to her. I just hope she outlives me and never retires.”