Tips from the Pros
Preparing for your Medical Procedure:
Patients using substances that can prolong bleeding have an increased chance of bruising or bleeding at the injection site. These are Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Ginkgo, Green Tea, Garlic, Ginseng, St John’s Wort, or any herbal medications. You should avoid Aspirin products for 2 weeks before your procedure, and avoid all NSAIDS (Ibuprofen/Advil/Motrin, Aleve, etc) and herbal supplements for 10 days prior to your treatment. Avoid alcohol 48 hours prior to treatment. If you are prescribed any of these medications by your physician you must consult with them prior to stopping any medication.
During your Medical Procedure:
- Local numbing medication may be used to maximize your comfort during the procedure. Most patients report mild discomfort typically associated with needle injections.
- You may experience a mild to moderate amount of stinging or aching sensation post-injection.
- To ensure an even correction the medical professional will massage the area treated, which may cause a temporary, minimal to moderate amount of redness to your skin.
- Bruising at the site of injection is a commonly reported side effect.
- Temporary minimal to moderate swelling can be expected, which should dissipate following injection. Some patients report a dramatic reduction in swelling hours after their treatment.
- It is normal to experience some tenderness at the treatment site for a few days.
- Apply an ice pack or cold compress to the injection area after treatment to reduce swelling. If swelling or redness persists for too long, please contact your medical professional.
- It is normal to feel a “firmness” in your injection area for the first few days after treatment. Over time, the area will soften, leaving you with a soft, natural-looking result.
- Many patients return to their normal routine/activities immediately, but you should check with your medical professional for her recommendation.
- Makeup may be applied shortly after treatment if no complications are present. Apply makeup gently, avoiding strenuous rubbing of the injection area.
- The injection area may also be gently washed a few hours after treatment, avoiding aggressive rubbing or scrubbing.
- Immediately report any worsening or persistent symptoms or side effects to your medical professional.
- Avoid the following activities for at least 24 hours after injection:
- strenuous exercise
- alcoholic beverages
- extended exposure to heat or sun
CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE
If you’re interested in learning more about Cosmetic Tips in Albuquerque, contact DiVersions Wellness & Med Spa and set up a consultation. Our staff will be happy to help you choose the best option for your beauty goals.
“Outstanding service from the great staff at DiVersions. I have been a patient of this great establishment for the last 5 years and enjoy my appointments and services provided by Diane Sanchez. She always places the customer first and makes excellent recommendations as to a procedure or new product. I receive compliments on my appearance and so much of it has to do with the fine work that Diane does every time I visit. And her staff are always professional and caring, looking out for opportunities for future visits for me. Can’t recommend this spa enough.”